Using the Archive at Rutgers
The Visual History Archive (VHA) is an online research resource that must be used on Rutgers campus on a computer connected to the Rutgers University campus network. An optional one-time registration allows users to save searches and projects.
The Archive can only be accessed:
- On campus within the Rutgers University campus network
- From offsite by Rutgers users, who will be prompted to log in with their NetID and password.
- By Windows users (XP/Vista or later):
- Using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer (version 6 or later) with Windows Media Player.
- By Macintosh users (OS X version 10.4 or higher):
- who have Quicktime 7 or newer installed as well as the Flip4Mac WMV Components for Quicktime.
- They must also have Safari 3 or higher.