The Visual History Archive (VHA) is an online research resource that must be used on Rutgers campus on a computer connected to the Rutgers University campus network. An optional one-time registration allows users to save searches and projects.
The Archive can only be accessed:
- On campus within the Rutgers University campus network
- From offsite by Rutgers users, who will be prompted to log in with their NetID and password.
- By Windows users (XP/Vista or later):
- Using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer (version 6 or later) with Windows Media Player.
- By Macintosh users (OS X version 10.4 or higher):
- who have Quicktime 7 or newer installed as well as the Flip4Mac WMV Components for Quicktime.
- They must also have Safari 3 or higher.
For help using the Visual History Archive’s search interface, see the VHA User Guide [PDF].
Researchers without access to the licensed VHA database can use the public VHA Online to locate testimonies that they might then view while on campus.
Locations on Campus for Viewing the Archive